Thursday

Font Use

Searching online, a lot of creepy fonts were available for me to use. Unfortunately, I constantly kept changing my mind, trying to find the correct combination of three different fonts that would be visually pleasing yet add towards the themes of psychological horror.

The three fonts I needed were for these categories:

-Text Box Font
-Name Box/Menu Font
-Mail Box Font

The text box font needed to be simplistic and neat as this was where the heavy text of the script would be read by the player. And fancy or compact font would be an eyesore to read.

The name box and menu font needed to be stylish, like headers that would have a big impact on the visual construction throughout the visual novel.

Lastly, for the mail box, the font needed to be somewhat easy on the eyes yet feel technological. As it was mail text within an electronic tablet.


Final Three Fonts I went with: