Wednesday

Initial Background Art Sketches

Here are several rough sketches of the background art. Drawn using a graphics pen and monitor via the software: Manga Studio 5.0, I was able to plan out the visuals and perspectives of each scene. A rough draft is an important part of planning and structuring, showing how I wanted the scene to appear to the audience. Using my cinematography knowledge, I drew different perspective angles such as close ups, low-angle shots, wide shots and over-the-shoulder shots. These provide different atmospheres depending on positioning and most importantly: colouring. 

Pretty much, the way I work this is by writing the script and story line. Once that is done, I draw each image according to how I imagined each scene that I had written out. I try to match what I am drawing to what I have noted so that there isn't any visual errors conflicting with the text.