Thursday

Promotion of a Friend

One of my friends, Neal, produces music as a hobby whenever he can get the chance, primarily dealing within the genre of Metal and Rock. Although his main music tastes juxtapose my personal interests, I was really fond of his talent in developing music through computer software.

One of his tracks that he made for his own album, called: "A clean Slate", really connected with me in a creative way. The main usage of the piano struck my conceptual mind, inspiring me to want to use this track for my visual novel.

A problem I encountered however is that I did not know wherein the novel to play this piece. That's when the idea hit me, 'I should use this track for the credits'. Because my visual novel story will lead to a conclusive ending that can be considered a cliffhanger, I wanted to just push further the story a little more within the credits. This track would create a beautiful, yet sad tone to the story, showing how the Main Character is satisfied at the end, but through the eyes of the player, it is a rather horrific end.

Neal gave me full permission to use his track, and I gave him the same to promote my visual novel. This collaboration definitely improved our friendship, acknowledging eachother's talents and skills within our separate fields.

Below is a link to his album on Bandcamp.

Calangi, N.E. (2018) Reset Humanity: A Clean Slate. Available from: https://resethumanity.bandcamp.com/track/a-clean-slate [Accessed: 24th April 2018]